Sunday, May 4, 2014

My "G" (Garbo's)

My boss kept talking about this food truck and I am so glad it went on my list...

A simple menu -- you come here to get serious with some lobster roll and/or chowder. They also have a daily homemade side. Garbo's does two different styles of their lobster roll:
Maine - your traditional roll, served cold over tender bibb lettuce after being tossed in a mayo-celery-scallion-spiced-lemoney deliciousness OR
Connecticut - straight chunks of lobster with a brushing of lemon-tarragon butter

You can probably tell from the description that I opted for the Maine roll. I tacked on the side of the day  as well which was a ginger coleslaw.

WOW!

In some cases, the trailers can be a bit pricier than I think they should be. You will most certainly get your money's worth with this truck. I honestly have -zero- complaints, the huge chunks of lobster meat were perfectly cooked and dressed with what is probably a super-secret mayo bound to make them a huge favorite in Austin (high five on the perfect hint of lemon - no need IMHO to use the included wedge).

The bun even (a friend of mine made the same comment) was light, soft, and buttery and thank goodness not a dense rock that would have ruined this roll completely! The slaw as well was solid but unique with a great touch of ginger.

I'm crossing my fingers their brick-&-mortar will be opening soon up in my area. Until then, you can track their weekly location at http://garboslobsteratx.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment