Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My "A" (Alborz)

I'm catching up with a few goals already checked off my list. The first restaurant on the list - my "A" - was Alborz Persian Cuisine.

I'm cheap I like a deal and ran across this gem through a Groupon dining deal so snagged it pretty quick and dragged my brother along for some quality time around a dinner table.

Dimly lit, and not too loud Alborz is in the corner of a parking lot that I'd never find if I wasn't looking.

We both decided on the Friday night buffet, taking a bit of a gamble, I thought. I've had Greek/Mediterranean so this offered the variety I was hoping for.


The pita was crunchier than I expected from Greek pita bread, the dips and "appetizers" were all strong (first time for must-o-khiar and kashk-o-bademjan). Kabob was slightly dry but it didn't stop us from each having 1 - or 2 - the stews stole the show. Bademjan and gheymeh? nom nom nom...

Additionally, I'm not sure what it's called but the veggies (eggplant, squashes, celery, carrots) baked and marinated were phenomenal. If you're in Austin and craving Persian...do it. 


Apparently later in the night on Fridays they have belly dancers. Next time I'm there I'll definitely make sure I catch that show :)

http://www.alborzpersiancuisine.com/files/85274709.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment